Obstetric & Gynecologic Ultrasound
Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound is a world-class diagnostic referral center. We are here to help identify potential obstetrical, medical or fetal problems at an early enough point in the pregnancy to maximize the likelihood of a healthy child. Our unit is staffed by highly-trained sonographers, as well as maternal-fetal medicine specialists (perinatologists), who provide coverage.
Using state-of-the-art 2 and 3 dimensional ultrasound equipment, complete with computer networking and automated report faxing, we are able to provide comprehensive obstetrical ultrasound services. The ultrasound unit is accredited by the Accreditation Commission of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine to perform the ultrasound exams, as well as by the Fetal Medicine Foundation to perform early fetal comprehensive testing (nuchal translucency and biochemical testing).
- Non-invasive, comprehensive first trimester evaluation for risk of aneuploidies and other anomalies (nuchal translucency and blood testing)
- Genetic ultrasound
- 11-14 weeks early fetal anomaly scans using high-frequency 2D and 3D transducers
- Early second and third trimester fetal structural evaluation
- 2D/3D evaluation of the fetal brain (fetal neuroscan)
- First and early second trimester evaluation of multifetal pregnancies
- Evaluation of the cervix in pregnancy
- 3D evaluation of fetal anomalies (special brochure available)
- Biophysical profile
- Doppler evaluation of fetal well being (umbilical artery, ductus venosus, middle cerebral artery, etc.)
Ultrasound Guided Obstetrical Procedures
- Amniocentesis of singleton and multifetal pregnancies*
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) of singleton and multifetal pregnancies (transcervical as well as transabdominal)
- Multifetal pregnancy reduction (special brochure available)
- Guidance for obstetrical procedures: PUBS, amnio-reduction, cord occlusion in twins, etc.
- Fetal muscle or liver biopsies
- Fetal shunt placements
- Genetic counseling by certified genetic counselors for patients whose fetuses have chromosomal anomalies and anatomic malformations and for multifetal pregnancy reduction
- Second opinion for sonographically detected obstetrical anomalies
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine (Perinatology) consultations
Gynecological Ultrasound Services
- Screening and detection of ovarian and endometrial cancer
- Color Doppler and 3D evaluation of ovarian masses
- 2D/3D evaluation of uterine and vaginal anomalies (special brochure available)
- Saline infusion sonohysterography (SIS) to evaluate the uterine cavity and endometrium using 3D ultrasound
- Anal sphincter evaluation of fecal incontinence using 3D ultrasound
- 3D evaluation of pelvic floor (levator tear, prolapse, etc.)
- Evaluation of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Evaluation of ectopic pregnancies
- Evaluation of patients with infertility
Ultrasound Guided Gynecological Procedures
- Puncture and drainage of simple ovarian cysts
- Puncture and drainage of cul-de-sac fluid (diagnostic, peritoneal inclusion cysts, etc.)
- Puncture and injection of unruptured, live cervical, cornual and tubal gestations. (We are recognized experts in this field with extensive experience and numerous publications)
- Puncture biopsy of suspected gynecologic cancer recurrences
- Second opinion for sonographically-detected gynecologic anomalies
- Patient counseling of gynecologic pathologies (ultrasound aspects)
Obstetric & Gynecologic Ultrasound
150 East 32nd Street, First Floor
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212) 263-8610
Fax: (646) 754-2446
Office visits are by appointment only. If you must cancel an appointment, please notify our offices at least 24 hours in advance.
New patient? Find out what you need before you call.
We accept many insurances popular in the New York Metro area. Not all physicians participate in the same insurances. Please contact our office for more information.